Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
Office Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Office Administrative Assistants ensure the smooth running of business operations in office settings. These employees usually provide support to executives and complete tasks such as: taking phone calls, maintaining relationships with customers, organizing meetings, making travel arrangements, writing reports, maintaining calendars, maintaining filing systems, greeting visitors, ordering office supplies, operating and maintaining office equipment, and completing other duties as assigned by managers.
Essential job requirements seen on an Office Administrative Assistant cover letter usually include:
- Office operations knowledge
- Managerial skills
- Organization and planning
- Telephone etiquette
- Problem solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
- Time management and work prioritization
Beneath is provided a cover letter sample for Office Administrative Assistant highlighting comparable job skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Office Administrative Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Davis:
As an experienced administrative professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a broad knowledge base in efficient office operations, executive-level support, and customer service, I am prepared to excel as your next Office Administrative Assistant.
Through success in developing office policies, coordinating schedules and travel, and performing basic bookkeeping tasks, I am well versed in the nuances of extensive administrative functions. I adeptly manage and complete a high-volume of responsibilities while simultaneously delivering outstanding customer service. Furthermore, my sharp attention to detail, my tireless work ethic, and my dedication to top-notch efficiency is sure to make me a strong contributor in this position.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Facilitating administrative efficiency through expertise in time management, communication, cross-team coordination, and organization skills.
- Performing accurate, detailed accounts payable / receivable operations within fast-paced offices.
- Leveraging outstanding interpersonal skills to forge beneficial and lasting relationships with customers and peers, resulting in productive and profitable environments.
- Earning distinction as “Employee of the Month” on five separate occasions—awarded by the company CEO—in recognition of superior overall performance.
- Attaining comprehensive knowledge in a variety of computer programs, including Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
Furthermore, my proactive nature and my ability to effectively collaborate with other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be an immense asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
April C. Decker