Diaz Casino Suites
34 Calcium Avenue
New Cityland, CA 91010
RE: Head Hotel Reservations Agent, Ref# 000183655, 08/05/2014
Dear Mr. Wight,
As an energetic Hotel Reservations Agent who thrives when utilizing selling techniques to maximize room revenue, I am excited by the opportunity to submit my application to Diaz Casino Suites. With over 9 years of experience in the hospitality industry, I can apply a unique combination of skills to achieve positive outcomes when managing the challenges of the available Head Hotel Reservations Agent role with your team.
I always strive to exercise a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service in hotel settings, and am known for my positive energy. For the past seven years I have been a Hotel Reservations Agent at Jackson Oriental Suites, where I have consistently met and exceeded sales and room occupancy goals. During my employment with Jackson Oriental Suites, I have also attended Hospitality and Tourism classes at the Chatburgh College of Business and Commerce. My formal education and training have continued to help me to excel as a performer and achiever in the workplace. The next logical step in my career is to partner with a hotel team that shares my passion for success and superior guest experiences.
My hands-on experience and formal training make me the right candidate to take on the challenges of the Hotel Reservations Agent position. You can reach me at the phone number or email listed above. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for reviewing this letter and the accompanying material.
Hotel Reservation Agent Resume
Hotel reservation agents perform variety of job related to customer service besides what the job title suggests. Over 70% of their job is on the phone and the remaining 30% is performed when the guest actually checks-in. On the phone, they answer all the questions customers like to know about the rooms, additional services, and tariff. The agents process with the reservation formalities after guests ask them to and confirm arrangements. When the guests drop in, they assign the reserved room, send an attendant to carry their luggage and guide them to the rooms.
Good voice quality, phone etiquettes, and courteous attitude are significant qualities needed for the job. The candidate should also know to operate hotel's reservation system, multi-task, handle problems, and exchange currency.
Hotel Reservation Agent Resume Example
To get a reservation agent position at “Ola Hotels,” and handle inquiries, reservation, cancellations, and payment process using my experience from working in two hotels.
Summary of Skills:
- Outstanding phone skills with pleasing voice quality and customer-focused attitude
- Excellent communication, computer, and multi-tasking skills
- Willingness to work in different shifts, and weekends and holidays
- Superb attention to details and abilities to resolve problems and suggest services to avail
- Knowledge and experience of exchanging foreign currency according to current rate of exchange
- Familiarity with the state and federal rules regarding documentation of foreign national
Hotel Reservation Agent
Holiday Destination Hotel, Jamestown, ND
October 2014 - Present
- Answering customers' phones, and inputting information into the reservation system
- Making special provision for regular patrons for urgent booking
- Informing guests about the need to shift their rooms and assigning room attendant for the job
- Entering guests check-in date and time in the reservation system and explaining rules and procedures of canceling reservation
- Guiding guests about hotel's services and places to visit in the city
- Making tentative bookings for guests and canceling them if not confirmed by them within stated time
City Gate Hotel, Jamestown, ND
June 2013 - September 2014
- Informed customers about the package plans and hotel services
- Postponed, preponed, and canceled reservation on requests of guests
- Collected advance deposit for reserving and canceling bookings of rooms
- Delivered letters, messages, and parcels to guests in their rooms
- Prepared and updated reservation chart before and at the end of the shift
- Ensured maximum occupancy of the hotel with prompt and courteous services
- High School Diploma
St. Augustine School, Jamestown, ND