The sample outline that follows comes from the field of geology, and its first-level headings reflect a common approach writers take when organizing their original research into a senior thesis. As often happens, the writer’s first-level headings are somewhat generic, while the second- and third-level headings are more specialized to the subject matter of the essay. Note also the specificity of the title, of each section heading, and the relationships of the headings to each other. Such a detailed and professional outline helps the writer to keep organized during the writing process as well as gives the advisor an opportunity to give concrete feedback.
Click here to download a pdf of a sample outline.
Click here to open a sample outline within this page.
"The Petrographic Characteristics of the Elk Basin Sandstones and Their Correlation with Joint Spacing"
by John Lerner
AbstractI. Introduction A. Distribution of Joints about Folds B. Joint Spacing and Fracture Porosity in the Petroleum Industry C. Effect of Lithology on Joint Development D. Objective 1. Perform Petrographic Analysis of Elk Basin Sandstones 2. Establish Correlation between Joint Spacing and Petrography II. Background Literature A. Definition of Fracture Spacing Ration B. Past Work on Fracture Spacing Ration in Sedimentary Rocks 1. Fracture Spacing Ration in Various Geological Localities 2. Fracture Spacing Ration as a Function of Rock Properties C. Possible objective of interpreting the record of the Eemain interglacial. III. Geologic Setting of Big Horn Basin A. Stratigraphy of Big Horn Basin B. Structural Geology of Big Horn Basin C. Description of Elk Basin IV. Experimental Technique A. Sampling of Fracture Spacing Ration B. Sampling and Preparation of Thin Sections C. Point Counting Technique V. Results A. Formation versus Composition B. Formation versus Porosity C. Bed Thickness versus Porosity and Composition VI. Discussion of Correlation between Point Counting Data and Fracture Spacing Ration A. Composition versus Fracture Spacing Ration B. Porosity versus Fracture Spacing Ration VII. Conclusions VIII. References
While writing a geology essay, first of all, a student needs to learn what this science is, what it explores, and what methods of research are commonly used. Before everything else, it is a science about the Earth. To complete a geology homework help, the first thing that we also have to know is that the Earth is a very complex material body that possesses a long history and there is a lot of information about its present and future. As a celestial object, it is a particle of the cosmos and a planet of the Solar system. Cosmic rules and phenomena center around the Earth, for example, in form of a Newtonian gravitational attraction, solar radiation, etc., provoke flood tide streams, define climate considerably, support life, and have the most direct relationship with various processes on the Earth, with structure and composition of the latter. At once, our planet witnesses processes that are going on Earth only and are unknown to take place on other planets; these processes determine individuality of our planet and can turn out to be a good topic for geology case study. Cosmic and earthly procedures are closely connected, and in the aggregate, they designate the Earth in a way we see it: with its mountains and seas, woods and deserts, with its fast tempo of life, with its past and future.
Writing geology articles supposes knowledge of the fact that this science studies consistence, aspects, and history of the Earth, patterns and activities of the Earth's crust formation; at the same time, it examines formation of rock constituents, subsurface rocks, metallic minerals, and other mineral deposits, their mutual relations, and also history of life development. Practical importance of the science is very significant and multifarious. At the same time, it is highlighted by means of such papers as geology article. All vigorous modern equipment is focused on usage of the Earth's interior products: crude oil, gur coal, metals, various construction materials, etc. Necessity of searches concerning mineral raw materials extraction causes development of geological researches, sets a lot of new theoretical and practical tasks for the field that require their fastest solutions, which then are stated in geology reports.
Cognitive meaning of the science also plays a big role in our contemporary world. As the learning about the Earth, its origin and formation, the science has always been in the center of a fierce ideological battle - the most important branch in struggle for materialist interpretation of world, against idealistic outlooks at life and religious superstitions. Such reflection of a cognitive meaning regarding this science can take place in your own geology research papers.
The Earth consists of core and several hoods, which, in their turn, have various content and possess different physical properties. Practical work of a geologist takes course within the upper part of the solid hood - the earth shell, which is constantly contacting with exterior (atmosphere, hydrosphere, and biosphere) and interior hoods - 'owners' of other consistency and physical properties in comparison with the Earth's crust. Depending on this fact, geological processes are divided into external (exogenous), linked by intercommunion of the Earth's crust with exterior hoods and through them with the cosmos, and internal (endogenous), linked with the development of substance in a deep planetary interior. The above-mentioned processes can be examined properly in one's geology thesis paper.
The objects of the geological studies are:
- Natural bodies that form higher levels of the Earth shell (subsurface rocks, ores, minerals, etc.). in particular, its structure and consistency. Usually, such natural bodies are studied under controlled conditions, and the results are stated in a geology lab report.
- Disposition of natural bodies in the earth shell that determines geological structure of the latter;
- Both exterior and interior geological processes that cause appearance, change, and disappearance of natural bodies;
- Reasons and regularities of origin and development of geological processes, and also regularities of the Earth development in general.
The main method of the given science is a survey, the so-called geology review, which is a complex of researches, necessary for well-rounded study of geological construction and natural resources of a region. The survey is also called geological mapping because the former is being followed by geological map composition. While being engaged in geological mapping (which results may become the part of geology coursework), one widely uses various geophysical, geochemical methods, aerial survey, and, at the same time, high-powered modern equipment that gives a possibility to create artificial exposure at different depths.
If you are interested in the profession of a geologist but do not know how to compose a successful geology resume to raise your prospects during job interviews, then Pro-Papers.com will gladly cover your back. Our company may assist you not only concerning your resume. We also offer our assistance and support for geology student resume writing to those students who have decided to get a part-time job in the field.
Do you need to write articles on Geology, but you cannot even imagine what topics or titles are appropriate for this kind of writing? You are worrying about this situation and do not know what to do? Here are the couple of examples of topics that may be advantageous for your geology term paper.
- The Alps. The Alps, in particular, the Western Alps, are though out to be a classical sphere for studies of structural geology, and the newest theories regarding mountains' formation almost always start from this example; although, America is a birthplace of many contemporary notions, such as geosyncline, epeirogenesis, and others. For this reason, every explorer, who works with a deformational history, explicitly or discreetly, constantly provides an example of the Alps to explain this or that phenomenon. For this purpose, and owing to the intensive research work during decades, scientists have gathered a ton of data, and it will not be possible to do the same for other mountain systems for a lot of years ahead. A drawback of this case is an issue that the Alps, as well as the whole Western Europe, in tectonical point, represent a specific episode and provoke complications that cannot always be considered as typical ones. Nevertheless, the Alps remain to be unreplaceable as a touchstone of geotectonic theories, because this geological system presents the highest type of deformations and, despite this evidence, gives a possibility to distinguish among the regularities, traditional for all fold belts.
- Making an analysis of igneous rocks. In the Earth's deep interior, a high temperature is not a rare thing, and at a depth of 100km it is so extremely high that it may have become a reason for melting the majority of surface rocks; though, huge pressure prevents it. Despite it, in some places of the Earth's shell, there appear the so-called abysmal splits. In a zone of such split lines, one can witness a decrease of pressure; this process organizes conditions for melting deep subsurface rocks - as a result, magma (flaming silicate melt) is being formed. In cases when magma reaches the earth's surface, people become bystanders of menacing natural phenomenon, which is eruption. Lava is being cooled down and partially crystallized on the earth's surface and, depending on its chemical content, it turns into subsurface rocks - rhyolite, andesine, Irish touchstone, or dacite.
Having familiarized yourself with all these topics, it is necessary to keep in mind that you can mention the most considerable conducted researches and papers written by you in your geology CV.
In a modern world, science takes an important place among the whole row of other sciences. If you have an assignment that is to write geology dissertation, and you feel some difficulties with the fulfillment of this task, or you are overloaded with some other true-life necessary things, rather urgent and those, which need your immediate reaction, then address Pro-Papers.com and order your paper here. You will see that our company provides high-quality services only, including emergent geology assignment help, on-time delivery of your order, and observance of all requirements alongside with complete absence of plagiarism and grammatical mistakes in the papers. Taking into consideration all above-mentioned facts, you do not need to google something like "do my coursework for me". We are the company that you can completely rely on, as we can cover your academic back with any assignment and write term papers in accordance with all requirements you have.
BUY YOUR PAPER FOR AN ATTRACTIVE PRICE AT PRO-PAPERS.COM
|Writing from scratch|